Kira's Reviews > The Book Of Daniel

The Book Of Daniel by Z.A. Maxfield

Sep 02, 2011

bookshelves: family, m-m, favorites
Read from September 02 to 04, 2011

This might be my second favorite in the series (my favorite is the first one). I liked Daniel, I liked how complex he was, and I really already loved Cam from the third book, so the main couple was interesting.

The sex was hot, the plot was mostly good, and the writing was stellar like always. What I disliked about the plot that you knew from a certain point on, what the major problem would be between the characters. So it was mainly just waiting for it to unravel, and despite it was done in a way that was somewhat original, I was still a bit disappointed.

The family-drama was maybe something the author saw necessary for the development of the main character (and that of the previous book, his brother), but for some reason I couldn't actually care about what happened with the extended family they had, even though I was invested in the MC's thoughts about their family's past. It felt slightly odd to have those extra characters introduced and then basically not followed through other than a casual mention of the issues and how the brothers would handle it all. For me it wasn't enough closure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book Of Daniel.

09/08/2011