Ari's Reviews > Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Do you believe in love at first.. read?

From time to time I like to read a fairytale – about princes (on white horses) and princesses (in their beautiful castles) and lost slippers and magical kisses that lead to happy endings.

But don’t be fooled, as this is no fairytale.. Still this is one of the most original retellings I’ve heard about and it really reinvented that notion for me. It was absolutely mesmerising!
Disney stories be damned, I want this on the big screen!

She was a cyborg, and she would never go to a ball.

This being said I am late at this party. I’ve shamelessly postponed reading it for a whole year, but now that I see what the fuss is about I can only be happy that I have less to wait for the next book. (*Psst pssst, don’t let anyone know, but I’ve been beating myself for not picking it up sooner*)

Some stories feel like dreams – they slowly creep into your mind and leave an imprint on your soul. They make you believe the unbelievable, they take your breath away and they lead you to unimagined wolds full of mystery and beauty.

And so I fell in love with ‘CINDER’. I am not sure when or how…
It was all in the main characters – so genuine, so sweet, so realistic in this fantastic and futuristic world. It was in their pain, their struggle, in their hearts. It was in the wish to make their dreams come true, to save each other, to hope for better days, to forget who they are or what they are meant to be.
It was in the world itself, so complex and magical (I repeat, in a futuristic kind of way). I was amazed by the creativity of the author and how easily I could see it all before my eyes. If only I could reach into it and spend a few moments with these characters, if only I could be one of them. *sigh*

So, this being said, I loved the story and I can’t wait to tell you more about the new characters from SCARLET now. Keep close, that review is on its way!

*Read this and more at: ReadingAfterMidnight.com
** ARC received from the publisher for review. Thank you!
____________________________________________

Blog (EN) | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Bloglovin' | Blog (RO)
____________________________________________

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.

September 2, 2011 – Shelved
November 20, 2013 – Shelved as: best-of
March 20, 2014 – Shelved as: retellings
March 20, 2015 – Shelved as: by-color-dark
March 20, 2015 – Shelved as: by-color-red

Julie Graves I loved Scarlet and Cress even more! Glad you liked Cinder!

message 2: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari I loved Scarlet too, as for Cress I simply can't wait to read it!

Sarina Good. Your review makes me hopeful...

message 4: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Such a great story. Such a great series. I need more!!!

Ronyell Awesome review! I can't wait to read Scarlet!

message 6: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari All these books are amazing. I am waiting for the last one and it's killing me!!!

Ronyell Ariana wrote: "All these books are amazing. I am waiting for the last one and it's killing me!!!"

Oh man! Now I really need to check out the next few books!

message 8: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Oh, yes you do.. just wait to meet the other characters, they are all so great!

Ronyell Ariana wrote: "Oh, yes you do.. just wait to meet the other characters, they are all so great!"

Awesome!

message 10: by Kami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kami Where do you get your pretty pictures?

message 11: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari The top one is from an actual CINDER cover (some foreign edition), and the ones from the review (on the blog) have links attached to them.