Amy Walters's Reviews > Sometimes I Lie

Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney

I listened to Sometimes I Lie VIA an audible audiobook. I enjoyed the story; there are lots of different aspects to the story that all tie together at the end.

I am left working out in my head who did what and why, and how everything came to being. It's terrific, both easy to read, and a book that makes you think. As you would find out from reading the blurb, this book follows the story of how Amber came to be in a coma.

The subject of a coma patient is interesting, and I enjoyed seeing things from her perspective. You get to hear from Amber when she is in a coma and also before she is in the coma. I was very impressed with the way Alice Feeney wrote the two parts because even without being explicitly told when Amber is in the coma; you can tell because her point of view focuses on what she can hear and what she can see through her closed eyelids.

There are a lot of flashbacks in this novel, and it doesn't follow a linear pattern. It avoids, however, leaving readers confused by what is happening when.

The only reason I would give this 4 stars and not 5 is that there is a twist at the end that I feel doesn't sit right with one of the characters. I wouldn't want to spoil the story, so I won't say what, but it didn't quite ring true to me.

All in all, this is a great book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sometimes I Lie.

June 20, 2017 – Started Reading