KatieV's Reviews > Silent Blade

Silent Blade by Ilona Andrews

18620847
Very enjoyable short read. As others have stated it is like a sci-fi Harlequin Presents. Ruthless tycoon hero who caused the heroine to be cut off from her life and family. Of course, this being a Ilona Andrews' heroine, we get a sexy assassin in a sci-fi setting rather than a virtuously poor beauty scrubbing floors and living in a dingy bedsit. Fun any way you slice it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Blade.

Started Reading
June 29, 2017 – Shelved as: heroine-leaves-hero
June 29, 2017 – Shelved as: heroine-tortured-vulnerable
June 29, 2017 – Shelved as: novella-or-short-story
June 29, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

message 1: by Cheesecake (new) - added it

Cheesecake great review!

KatieV Cheesecake wrote: "great review!"

Thanks :)

message 3: by boogenhagen (new) - added it

boogenhagen Well at least she wasn't in the grotty flat eating bean on crumbs :)

Great Job!

FangFan Boogie, I think the living in a grotty flat and eating beans on crumbs is reserved solely for true HP hs living on the HPlandia home planet. I'm not sure, but I think that the majority of these grotty flats are either occupied by Lynne Graham's hs or are held in reserve for hs in her upcoming books. There might possibly be one or two occupied by some of Sarah Morgan's hs.

message 5: by boogenhagen (new) - added it

boogenhagen FangFan wrote: "Boogie, I think the living in a grotty flat and eating beans on crumbs is reserved solely for true HP hs living on the HPlandia home planet. I'm not sure, but I think that the majority of these gro..."

oops! My mistake, but I think you're right - there are only so many grotty flats to go around, they are kinda at a premium for the genuine HP doormat h. :)

KatieV Alas, I'm afraid that the grotty flats in our dimension do not come with a promise of a free tycoon as long as you're attractive and live virtuously :(

message 7: by boogenhagen (new) - added it

boogenhagen KatieV wrote: "Alas, I'm afraid that the grotty flats in our dimension do not come with a promise of a free tycoon as long as you're attractive and live virtuously :("

See that is just plain WRONG! There should be warnings posted.

message 8: by KatieV (last edited Jun 30, 2017 11:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

KatieV boogenhagen wrote: "KatieV wrote: "Alas, I'm afraid that the grotty flats in our dimension do not come with a promise of a free tycoon as long as you're attractive and live virtuously :("

See that is just plain WRONG! There should be warnings posted."

I know! We need to educate the children of this and other crucial differences between planets, such as:

message 9: by boogenhagen (new) - added it

boogenhagen KatieV wrote: "Embezzling from a hot tycoon to pay for your sister/brother/mother/cousin-in-law's surgery in America will likely just land you in jail. Any tycoon who does choose to blackmail you into bed will likely be less than appealing as well :( ..."

OMG! I was sure the punishment for embezzling was to be sent on a makeover/designer label shopping spree and be forced into marriage with a smokin hot and skilled billionaire. Now you're telling me that isn't true?!?

I am sooo hurt and heartbroken, life just isn't fair. ... :(

KatieV Good news is, kittens still exist in our world. Who needs a tycoon when they can has kittehs :)

message 11: by boogenhagen (new) - added it

boogenhagen KatieV wrote: "Good news is, kittens still exist in our world. Who needs a tycoon when they can has kittehs :)"

I wore my plethora of kittehs shirt today, it was lovely....

FangFan I did some extensive research and discovered that on the HPlandia home world, there are quite a few dingy little flats, enough to accommodate not only Lynne Graham's hs, as well as Sarah Morgan's, but also those from Cathy Williams' books. In fact there is a whole apartment building set aside just for Penny Jordan's hs. But while PJ's hs must still subsist on crumbs and contend with inadequate heating and broken lifts, with a little paint (rag rolling, of course) and a few fruitful visits to some local thrift stores, their flats are not only attractive, but quite fashionably decorated.

message 13: by boogenhagen (new) - added it

boogenhagen FangFan wrote: "I did some extensive research and discovered that on the HPlandia home world, there are quite a few dingy little flats, enough to accommodate not only Lynne Graham's hs, as well as Sarah Morgan's, ..."

I am sooo GLAD, PJ h's need their attractive rag rolling and stencils. This is great to know!

KatieV They DO need it cuz - bless their hearts - they are all in need of some serious craft therapy for their nervous conditions.

message 15: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully what, there are no dingy bedsits in outer space??!

***crosses off trip to Mars***