Claudia's Reviews > Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path

Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner

Jul 09, 2017

refreshing + insightful. I wish I had purchased this book instead of borrowing it from the library so that I could keep its wise tidbits always on hand – instead, I've settled for taking photos of stories + quotes that really spoke to me... and because this book tore its way straight into my heart, there were lots of pages to take pictures of. very thankful to have picked this up. only downside (for me, anyway) were the bible passages and references to erin's faith, which while I can appreciate, I can't relate to. overall, I greatly enjoyed erin's honest writing, and the simple (yet difficult to swallow) message that's at the heart of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Slow.

Quotes Claudia Liked

Erin Loechner
“We are doing ourselves no favors when we look to the crowd to tell us where we are.”

Erin Loechner
“I do not know that everything happens for a reason. I simply know that everything happens.”

Erin Loechner
“For just one second, look at your life and see how perfect it is. Stop looking for the next secret door that is going to lead you to your real life. Stop waiting. This is it: there’s nothing else. It’s here, and you’d better decide to enjoy it or you’re going to be miserable wherever you go, for the rest of your life, forever. —Lev Grossman, The Magicians S”

Erin Loechner
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. —Epicurus I”

June 29, 2017 – Shelved