Lyndi's Reviews > The Beach Trees

The Beach Trees by Karen   White

F 50x66
Sep 01, 2011

Read from September 10 to 12, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I enjoyed this book; I thought with the cover and the title Beach that it would be a good summer read. And a lot of the story was set at a beach house. I really liked that it was from 2 main characters different perspectives. The older lady, Aimee, and a younger woman, Julie. I think they each taught each other some good lessons and were good for each other.
Aimee, I really wanted to be with both brothers, as you could tell that she loved them both. And eventually did end up marrying both of them (at different times, thankfully!). But I never totally trusted Wes. I knew he was hiding something, which of course, he was. I would have liked to have heard Aimee’s last conversation with him, it didn’t sound like he was lucid at all, but I questioned how she questioned him and if he had any sort of response. I did wonder why on earth Lacy would have married Wes, knowing he was a murderer. And she just let him go willingly to give to Aimee? That wasn’t explained very well, but Lacy wasn’t a main part of the book, nor was it from her perspective.
Julie, I saw ending up with Trey, which I was also happy about. But thought there may be more to that story than there was, but wasn’t disappointed. I was also glad that she decided to stay in Biloxi and keep Beau. I think they needed each other after Monica's death.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beach Trees.

01/18 marked as: read