Sophie [at] Book Suburbia's Reviews > Cowboy Casanova

Cowboy Casanova by Lorelei James

*This “review” has no spoilers*, but you may be interested in what I have to say:

I want to be totally honest: this is possibly one of the most complex books I have EVER read in my life (in romance genre of course). I would like to say it is shocking and outrageous, and mind-blowing, but I guess many of you have already made almost perfect reviews, and maybe Mrs. James never reads mine, so, at the end, I think its pointless to mention how much I adore her books, how I worship her absolute creativity, how much she has changed my way in picking books and has changed my reading expectations, because she may never come across this, which I prefer to call ANALYSIS, instead of a review because many have “reviewed” this book, and I have to love the way everybody has given their point of view, how many have indicated what they liked and what they didn’t like. But I want to point out something that’s been going on my mind since I reached chapter 2 yesterday: This, more than a book, has ENOUGH QUALITY and DEEP STORY, worthy enough to become a movie script. I’m not joking. The story is absolutely so well written and flawless, you could easily thing this is a movie script or even better, the story itself worthy of a 35mm roll of at least 2 hours.

I get very emotional while writing reviews, that’s why I didn’t want to qualify it as a review per se but an analysis, and, the first thing I want to point is, I AM AN ABSOLUTE SEXUAL IGNORANT. Yes, sounds harsh, but it is true. In many, many, MANY different ways you can’t even begin to comprehend. I read this book and said to myself “there is so much variety, and whatever TV sitcoms and corny romantic movies like to show us is not even the half of it”. TRUE! You may never understand completely the world Ben McKay has chosen to belong to, because still nowadays it is a taboo in many societies and cities, especially in conservative states such as Wyoming. One thing I MUST thank Mrs. James (again) for is, ADVENTURING OUTSIDE HER COMFORT ZONE. We saw the change in parameters with Chase’s story and for us who loved it and enjoyed it so much, I have to say, it was a welcome treat. In this particular story, she once again attempts to move parallel to her beloved cowboys and show us a different perspective of a man who, can be a rancher, but also a dominant sexual partner. And here is where my IGNORANCE appears: many of us had no idea what all that lifestyle is about. Admit it.

Second thing I have to thank her for is making this love story a very challenging one. Obstacles and drama are always gonna be there; but building since the beginning a hook up like the one we learn about with Ben and Ainsley, and keeping it the way she did throughout the whole book made it more and more interesting. You will find out that you can actually have a lightning speed encounter with somebody and just KNOW this person is right for you. That happens in real life actually. The way Mrs. James constructed their relationship since chapter one is believable, making it even more attractive and interesting for the reader. This is not your average OMG I LOVE YOU LETS GET MARRIED kinda book. Far from it!

Family ties are treated in a different way this time, and it makes you wonder many things; hopefully things we will learn in the upcoming books. I just have to admire how much of a twist we have from book one to book twelve. This just confirms my theory that Mrs. James will build an expectation and will keep you hooked all through the story making you want to learn more, without the need of a stressful cliffhanger.

Thank you, Mrs. James. I humbly thank you for opening my eyes to a totally new world. Its so hard to believe i live in the same country as a bull rider, a cattle rancher, a land owner, yet I have never even seen one, let alone been to any place close to them. It’s been a year full of great reading, absolutely stunning romance and lovely cowboys. For that only I declare myself your absolutely most loyal fan until you decide to never write again, or I end up blind. (which doesn’t matter cause I’ll manage to get all of your books in audio)

Bring on Tell’s story! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy Casanova.

September 1, 2011 – Shelved
December 6, 2011 – Started Reading
December 6, 2011 –
23.0% "Reading this SLOWLY so I can ENJOY THE READING! hahahha"
December 7, 2011 –
page 39
9.65% "Bennett McKay: ur the absolute man of the yr! :) ha!"
December 8, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Kellie Maddox-Ward A very well written "Analysis" Loved it!