Tanaka K's Reviews > Dirty

Dirty by Michelle Horst

I have read a lot of dark and edgy books. I love books like that. There is something so beautiful yet haunting about a book that makes you bleed out emotions out of you. And Dirty by Michelle Horst was like a book that drained me dry. Michelle Horst is on my list of my go to dark romance authors but she really wrote such a deep and engrossing dark and gritty romance that was just perfect. I was completely touched both emotionally and psychologically.

Dirty is not for the faint of heart. It is a very damaged and dark tale that will crawl in your mind and seduce you into its powerful clutches. Mysterious. Suspenseful. Broken. Erotic. Perverse. Dirty was an explosive and thrilling piece f amazing fiction that blew my mind. I was gripped. I was consumed. I was held in its hypnotic vibe. So raw. So gut wrenching. So tragic but yet sinister. Dirty opened me up emotionally and was changed. Man, this book was fire. Everything burned but in a good way. Michelle gave us the dark, the shocking, the dirty and the disturbing with so much conviction that this is my favourite book from her. There is dark clouds. You have to peel out the dark clouds to find the sunshine.

Jack and River's story is just heartbreaking but yet breathtaking. I cried when I read their story. It was emotional and it moved me so deeply. They were broken, and flawed but they had beautiful and magical. Jack has been through a lot. He is a broken character but still held so much love. River is powerful lady with a caring, loving and giving heart. There was so much vulnerability betwwen them but yet hope for them. I loved it.

If you love dirty and disturbing books, then this is your book. I highly recommend it.

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty.

June 23, 2017 – Started Reading