Jeannie Zelos's Reviews > Marriage Claws

Marriage Claws by Paige Cuccaro

Marriage Claws, Paige Cuccaro

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Sci-fi and Fantasy

Well, I'm a bit puzzled by the "debut" tag. I recognized the name and when I looked it up found I've read and enjoyed some of her other stories, especially the Hellsbane series.
So - debut??
Anyway, its a decent read, fairly light but great for those times you want a bit of supernatural, bit of Pack hierarchy and some sexy romance.

I really liked Kate, hard worker, loves her business and the people she's taken in while running it. She's the sort who sees beyond the obvious, who really cares about supporting her friends, and her staff have become just that. Her younger brother works in the diner too, and she's more a mum than a sister to him.
So when a company takes over the building and wants her out so they can turn the space into housing, she digs her heels in. She won't be able to afford anywhere else, she's been here five years and only just begun to show a decent profit, moving means going back to those early years all over again while they build up trade.
Its just not do-able and yet neither is leaving her friends in the lurch.

Then Jack comes in, son of the guy who's bought the place, and he has a solution.
He needs a wife, so he can take over as Alpha of his Pack. He can't exactly tell Kate that though, so explains it as a family business.
His suggestion, they marry, he takes over, then he gives her the diner and they divorce. Jack's made it clear there's no love, no emotions and he doesn't want the glossy girls who just want his name and position, he wants a straightforward, no attachments deal.
At first she can't bring herself to do it. Jack's always pictured out with leggy, stick thin, glossy models and she just isn't. She knows making it look real will be hard work, and then...well, she's always believed marriage is special, a one time only thing and she's not sure she can cheapen it this way.  Losing the diner and letting down her brother and freinds isn't an option though so she agrees, knowing its for a few weeks only.
Life has some suprises in store though.

I enjoyed this story, got so cross at Jack at times, but understood his reactions. I liked the Marcus angle, and loved, loved Alexia, I do so love a character like hers.
That angle could have been even stronger for me, I think characters like her add so much to the drama and jealousy.

It made for a fun read, its not a deep, dark, intense supernatural romance, but one that's more lighthearted, has moments of humour among the dramas, lighting the deeper emotions that develop between Jack and Kate.
Its a great escape for a summer read.

Stars: four, fun plots, sassy female lead, sexy male leads and some sensual fun and games.

ARC supplied for review purposes by Netgalley and Publishers

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marriage Claws.

Finished Reading