Guillaume Belanger's Reviews > Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness

Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux

I found this book incredibly inspiring. I am certain this was one of the author's aims in writing it: to help inspire people create, lead and take part in human institutions driven by a purpose to do good; to help inspire people realise that we can only be truly happy and fulfilled if everyone with whom we interact also feel happy and fulfilled; to help inspire people view the world through the understanding that all of the resources of the world belong to no one nor even everyone, and that we are thus all stewards to everything around us, everything we touch, and everything exert an influence over; to help inspire people towards a natural caring and sharing through purpose and intent, relentlessly moving towards positive change on all levels.

In addition, the book is also very practical with many examples, many comparison tables to clarify differences and distinctions that need to be identified and known. There is throughout the book many references to companies that function under this paradigm of the Evolutionary Teal worldview, with many examples of specific situations, specific issues and how they were resolved, specific aspects of these companies ways of working and day to day activities to show us how evolutionary self-organised institutions actually work in the world.

I feel tremendously lucky to have read this book, but more importantly, I feel even more fortunate that this was the first book on management I've ever read. Starting with the freshest and most inspiring presentation of what our organisations and institutions can be like is amazingly empowering for someone who strives to make this world a better place. I hope that many people will read this important book, and will, through this reading, see the potential for improving, through the way we run our institutions, the ability to fulfill our most fundamental role as humans on this planet, our role as stewards of its wondrous and endless richness and beauty.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reinventing Organizations.

June 28, 2017 – Started Reading