Shawn Fairweather's Reviews > The Guardian

The Guardian by Robbie Cheuvront

did not like it

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I burned through half the book in a day, and finally got to the point of wanting to through it through the window. It is essentially marketed as a similar entry of the DaVinci Code-Angels and Demons genre, however it was a pitiful attempt at that. I knew I should have realized what I was in for when I noticed that all the chapters are merely 2-4 pages long! The writing is that of a 14 year old high school freshman getting their feet wet in creative writing. The main character is as naive as they come and the authors expect you to buy into the fact that all of the characters are as shallow and undeveloped as they seem to try and make them be. That does not qualify for a good read. I didnt go into this expecting to read a fine piece of literature, in all actuality I was expecting to read a fun popcorn novel built on fun, suspense, and mystery. Instead what I got was a tiring piece of chrisitian literature trying to make a run at a Dan Brown classic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guardian.

September 1, 2011 – Shelved