Shannon C.'s Reviews > Supernatural

Supernatural by Larissa Ione

Sep 01, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: magic-special-powers, vampires, shapeshifters
Recommended for: paranormal romance fans

Vampire Fight Club: 4 stars - Lena is a nurse working at Underworld General Hospital (we know it well from the best selling Demonica series). When her brother is killed under mysterious circumstances, she goes undercover at a vampire club to find his killer. Is her new boss Nathan behind her brother's death? This is a very good dark PNR anthology. Given the short lengths, I'm usually left waning more in anthologies. It's tough for an author to fully flesh out a story plus develop a relationship--and Ione pulls it off.

Dragon on Top: 3.5 stars - Set in Aiken's popular Dragon Kin world (before the truce with the Lightnings), this story focused on the kick a$$ heroine Ghleanna of the infamous Calawaldr clan and Bram, a diplomat working for Queen Rhiannon. This was a good, funny little read--full of bawdy and slapstick humor. I usually prefer alpha male heros, but I still liked this story. The H/h seemed to fit well together and it was an amusing, light read.

Darkness Eternal: 3 stars - Uriel, a highly ranked vampire, is ordered by his clan chief Victor to rescue Kata (Laylah's mother). But when they are sucked into the Underworld by an enemy's spell, will they ever get out again? I had a hard time following some parts of this one--I missed the last book in Ivy's Guardians of Eternity series so maybe that's why. I also missed the comic relief that we usually get during the scenes between Levet and the vampires. I liked the story, even though it was a bit short.

Kane: 2.5 stars - We met Kane and Corrine in book one of Frank's Nightwalkers series. This didn't seem like a fully fleshed out story to me, but rather a glimpse at their first interactions (when they first met, explaining the fated mate bond, and sex.) Some parts were repetitive to what we already read in 'Jacob. The story also felt a bit too short and didn't bring closure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Supernatural.

message 1: by Zeek (new)

Zeek gosh they loaded that one with some good series- but I dont do antho's as a rule... you'll have to let me know if it's a "must read" and I'll consider bending the rules for this one! ;)

Ctanner OOOhhh I can't wait to read this one. I really like each author.

Shannon C. I know--I'm not a big anthology reader either but I like all of these authors. :)