Romancing Susan (Monti)'s Reviews > The Scars Between Us

The Scars Between Us by M.K. Schiller

24191255

bookshelves: 6-stars, book-hangover, un-put-down-able

I often dive into a book blindly without reading the synopsis. So I when got to this line….

“An ex-marine, MMA fighter who rescues abused dogs? That has potential written all over it.”

I told myself, Ah! This will be those kind of books. Who doesn’t love ex-marine, MMA fighter who rescues abused dogs? This has bad boy written all over it. And I love bad boys! But this isn’t the typical bad boy. Aidan has scars that are not only physical which they say can heal faster. Aidan has emotional deep scars, so deep that you can’t help but want to root for Emma, to be Emma. Who is so strong even if she feels lost, has no idea what lies ahead as long as she fulfills her dying mother’s wish to scatter her ashes in a town one has never heard of.

The Scars Between Us is a very un-put-down-able book. My lips were laughing with them, my eyes crying with them, my heart breaking for them. And I should say, my adrenaline was really pumping when I got to the part to which was so unexpected (which I suspect is the reason why I wasn’t able to go to sleep after I was done with the book. Finishing the book in one go, realizing it’s 3AM and you know you have to go sleep as the next day is still a workday but not being able to go to sleep as the book left you with a book hangover. I was really pumped up with the scene! It was like I was watching it in full color. Wanting to go online to write a review ASAP because you’ve got the rush from the book (if only I can, hubby will say I am crazy) IS a true indication is to how good this book is. MK Schiller really did good with this book.

I was given an ARC for an honest review. And I am honored to do one that really does deserve a lot of honest to goodness praises.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scars Between Us.

June 26, 2017 – Shelved