Lady Jaye's Reviews > Silver Borne

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

Aug 31, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2012, stars-5, 2012-favorites, pb-other, pb-werewolves-or-shapeshifters, fantasy-urban-fantasy, favorites, keeper, loved-it, magic, pb-fae, owned-kindle-or-ebook
Read from January 14 to 16, 2012

I read this for Samuel and only for him.

I also gave this one five stars for Samuel. The rest of the story is good too, but for me, everything took a backseat to my favorite werewolf.

Samuel broke my heart. I spent a good deal of the story with a lump in my throat for him. The conversation he has with Mercy in the X-ray room was so poignant, so sad. :'( And it was interesting too, seeing into the mind of a wolf who was losing control. I am glad Samuel found someone to live for. But I'll miss Sam. I liked the wolf being in control. I raised my eyebrows a bit when Mercy was thinking (view spoiler). Smh. she complains about how protective he is, but she is also so very protective of him. She really does love him - you know, love that has everything to do with friendship and nothing to do with being in love. That was sweet to see.

And Bran....you gotta love Bran.

Um yes. The rest of the story was good, as stories in this series have always been. Truth be told, I wasn't paying it too much mind: I had eyes only for my Samuel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver Borne.

01/14/2012 page 0
0.0% "I get to see Samuel again! *Does the happy jig* :)"
01/16/2012 page 36
11.0% "Mercy! What were you thinking?!"
01/16/2012 page 53
16.0% "Oh my poor Samuel! You're breaking my heart here. :'("
01/16/2012 page 108
32.0% "Bran is omniscient. Dude knows everything. Oh Samuel, I am still trying not to cry because of you."
01/16/2012 page 108
01/16/2012 page 176
52.0% "Samuel is back! I miss Sam, :)"
01/16/2012 page 267
79.0% "ooh! Samuel knows a gi-rl!!!"
01/16/2012 page 276
82.0% "Excuse me, Mercy -any woman you would allow to have Samuel?"

Lisa Kay Oh, what's happened to Samuel, Lady Jaye? No, no...don't tell me. I'm going to be starting a "buddy read" of Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs at the end of the month. I just ♥ Samuel. **sigh**

message 2: by Lady Jaye (last edited Jan 16, 2012 02:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jaye Yes, LK, Samuel is awesome.He's my favorite. (view spoiler) and his conversation with Mercy is making me want to cry.

Lisa Kay He is one of my favs too. **Mantra: Don't check spoiler. Don't check spoiler**

Lady Jaye Oh you can check it, LK.It doesn't really matter. It's the convo in the x-ray room that matters. I knew it beforehand, and I still want to cry.

Lisa Kay Okay, I did... **sniffle** (view spoiler).

message 6: by Lady Jaye (last edited Jan 20, 2012 04:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jaye Ah, I think it was obvious PB meant Mercy for Adam from day 1. i never wanted Samuel for her anyway. You're going to find out something really interesting in Iron Kissed, LK. When Samuel and Mercy talk again. Haven't you read it yet? For some reason I thought you had.

Zeek I love Samuel too. (view spoiler) I have hope that he'll get his own book.

Lady Jaye Yeah, Zeek. I agree. (view spoiler) I pray he gets his own book. He loves kids, so I am already thinking up little were-fae babies for him, heh.

Zeek heheh! YEP!

Regina I really like how Briggs wrote both guys so well and so strongly. It was never truly a question in my mind, but (view spoiler) Which I liked. I liked the distinction between (view spoiler)

LK -- I will be biting my nails during your buddy read of Iron Kissed. It is a turning point in the series -- and a hard one. I will be looking for your status updates.

Lady Jaye The way you put it says it excellently, Regina. Especially since (view spoiler)

Regina LJ -- you are exactly right and I loved that you put that in your review. (view spoiler)