Lea (drumsofautumn)'s Reviews > The Midnights

The Midnights by Sarah Nicole Smetana

bookshelves: most-anticipated-2018, arcs-done, dnf

DNF at 30%. I'm just gonna stop pretending that I will ever continue reading this. I had a hard time deciding to DNF this because there's nothing I can really say about it. I can't pinpoint an exact reason why I didn't enjoy it, I just simply didn't. I was not attached to any of the characters, I thought they all felt a little bit emotionless (not that they really were but the emotions didn't really come through in the writing). I constantly had to force myself to pick this up and then I still only ever read a couple of pages. Not worth it for me but maybe still a good book for you :)

I received an ARC of this through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Midnights.

June 26, 2017 – Shelved
February 22, 2018 –
16.0% "this has been super tough to read so far and the dad isn't even dead yet. HELP!"
March 2, 2018 –
26.0% "I skim-read a lot of this so far but I think now it's gonna get to a point I'll enjoy a bit more!"
March 4, 2018 –
30.0% "I'm pretty sure I'll DNF this because I don't really find much of it enjoyable and have to force myself to continue but.. but I really like the love interest? He seems like such a cinnamon roll, I don't wanna give up on him just yet. So I might skim-read some more."