Kristina's Reviews > In Honor

In Honor by Jessi Kirby

Aug 31, 2011

bookshelves: ala-2012, arc-egalley-for-review

I know that 2012 just started, but I can easily say that In Honor is going to be one of my favorite reads of 2012! This book had everything and left me feeling all warm and fuzzy when it was over. All I want to do is read it again, and then again.

A few days after Honor finds out that her brother Finn has died, she receives a letter from him telling her to live her life. The first thing he wants her to do is go to Kyra Kelley's last concert, which somehow, from a war zone, he was able to score her tickets. The day after his funeral, she sets out in his Impala to drive to California to her show. Right before she leaves, Rusty, her brothers best friend shows up and wants to come with her.

The connection between Rusty and Honor was amazing! They have known each other since they were kids, and you could see how they care about each other and irritate each other at the same time! There feelings were so realistic, and they both loved Finn so much that it was nice that they were both there for each other. My favorite parts was when they were sharing stories about Finn with each other.
Now add these awesome characters on a road trip with excellent writing and you have one of the favorite books of 2012. In Honor has everything I could want in a book. It was funny and had heart. I am so grateful that I was able to score a copy of this wonderful book at ALA. It did not disappoint and I would recommend it to everyone and anyone!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Honor.

August 31, 2011 – Shelved
January 24, 2012 – Started Reading
January 24, 2012 – Shelved as: ala-2012
January 24, 2012 – Shelved as: arc-egalley-for-review
January 25, 2012 –
page 166
70.64% "Started this book last night. I'm absolutely loving it!! @jessikirby"
January 25, 2012 – Finished Reading