Rose Ann's Reviews > The Most Dangerous Thing

The Most Dangerous Thing by Laura Lippman

Aug 31, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: signed-books, read-in-2011, giveaways-contests

Received this as a giveaway from Shelf Awareness!

There were a few sentences and phrases that I made note of...I will add them later.
Overall I liked it.

I found another review that was very similar to what I want to say, so I have taken from it to best put into words how I felt about the book.
The author did a nice job of portraying kids growing up with freedom to roam and both the good and bad in that situation. Part of her writing style was confusing. She told the story from different points of view, which is fine. There were 5 kids involved in an incident and now, as adults, they are revisiting it. She gives out bits of information so that the reader can try to solve the mystery of what really happened. So sometimes the story is told in Gwen's voice, or Tim's, or one of the others. But occasionally it is in the voice of someone using the royal we. It's not even an omnipresent narrator. It's always 'we' and 'us'. So I couldn't tell which one of the 5 was telling the tale. For the longest time I thought maybe there was a 6th person and that was the big mystery, because how could someone know details without having been there? But it was never explained - it was just a magic narrator who spoke for all 5 of them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Most Dangerous Thing.

August 31, 2011 – Shelved