Margaret's Reviews > The Truth About Butterflies: A Memoir

2043205
Aug 31, 2011

bookshelves: on-my-ipod-touch
Recommended to Margaret by: Nancy
Recommended for: biography, memoir or anyone

** spoiler alert ** The Truth about Butterflies is a heartfelt story of a mother and daughter, a story of life's challenges and a story of loss. I couldn't imagine the pain of losing a child. But Nancy shares the joy of raising her only precious daughter... and of losing her, first to her daughter's rebellion, then to death. My emotions were up and down throughout the book. I felt the joy when Nicole was born, I felt the pain when Nicole was "lost," I felt the sadness when Nicole took her last breath.

Nancy told her story with painful openness and honesty. She didn't withhold the things Nicole did to herself during her "lost" period or the pain of seeing her laying on the hospital bed not knowing if she could hear her. I love this in a memoir because it allows you to connect with the emotions of the author. I highly recommend this book for any audience!

Disclaimer: Nancy provided me with a free copy of this book for the purpose of review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Butterflies.