Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~'s Reviews > Dirty

Dirty by Michelle Horst

61819886

Read on behalf of Two Darlin' Dolls and a book Review.

“Promise … you’ll … look after … David.”
"I promise, Momma."
"I’ll look after David.”

After making a promise to his dying mother Jack is thrown into a world of pure evil and torture. He is very young when he begins to endure things no child or human should have to experience. For 19 years he was willing to sacrifice himself to protect his younger brother...until he receives the ultimate betrayal.

"But as long as I obey, David remains safe and cared for. In the end that’s all that matters. I don’t put up a fight and let those rich fuckers have their way with me, and David is spared."

River's life has not been all unicorns and rainbows either. She has had to witness unimaginable things done by a man who is meant to protect her. But now it's her time to reign. Will she become a monster like him or will she find her own path?

"I’m scared that I’ll become my father. I’m scared I’ll lose myself..."

If you meet the right person, is it possible to change the direction you have always envisioned your life? After living a life of nothing but torture and destruction, can you run from the past? Will it be worth it and the end?
This book is dark, raw and gritty and not for the faint hearted. It shocked me at times and had me nervous anticipating what was going to happen next. It is filled with sorrow, hatred, pain, betrayal, disgust, shame but also hope, love and yes, happiness. I'm excited to read Adam and Sophia's story next.

"I’ve been devoured by a beautiful man. I’ve been ravaged by a beast. I’ve been branded by the man I love."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty.

June 25, 2017 – Started Reading