Judy's Reviews > The End We Start From

The End We Start From by Megan  Hunter

liked it

Congratulations to Megan Hunter for a well-written first novel. A young woman gives birth to a son as London is submerged by floodwaters and everyone flees. She, her partner, and her son flee north into a dangerous territory to save themselves. The story is centered on the woman bonding with her son under extraordinary conditions. Set in the future, the book ultimately demonstrates renewal and rebirth. The story has much tragedy, yet it didn't evoke emotion from me - I couldn't seem to care about the characters and their situation. I would have liked to see more character development and more detail in the story; however, I can appreciate the abstractness of the human situation under difficult circumstances.

Thanks to Megan Hunter and Grove Atlantic through Netgalley for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The End We Start From.

Finished Reading
June 25, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
June 25, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Angela M Great review, Judy. I think it would have evoked more emotion if the connection could have been better with the characters.

message 2: by Crumb (new)

Crumb Wonderful review, Judy!

message 3: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review!!

Judy Angela M wrote: "Great review, Judy. I think it would have evoked more emotion if the connection could have been better with the characters."

I agree Angela - I missed the characters having names too. Thanks!

Judy Thanks Crumb and Deanna!

message 6: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey Camp Good review!

Judy Stacey wrote: "Good review!"

Thanks Stacey!