Ashley's Reviews > Blood and Sand

Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk

Actual rating is 4.5 stars.

This was GLORIOUS! It exceeded my expectations. The last gladiator book I read was The Valiant and I was massively disappointed by it. But Blood and Sand is everything I hoped The Valiant would be! In short: if you like the TV show Spartacus I have no doubt you'll love this book. There's violence, politics, revenge, sexual abuse, and romance.

Attia was a total badass too. I loved how she could really fight, and she proved it (she wasn't all talk!). I loved her "I give zero fucks" attitude. She never accepted being a slave.

My one gripe (and the reason I'm giving it 4.5 stars instead of 5) is the romance. I liked it, but it developed very quickly. It wasn't quite insta-love, but it was close. I would have loved a more slow-burning, epic romance. Instead we got kind of a shallow one. (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Sand.

June 25, 2017 – Shelved
June 25, 2017 – Shelved as: unreleased-stalking
January 15, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 22, 2018 – Started Reading
January 23, 2018 –
page 182
56.88% "This is 100% living up to my expectations!"
January 24, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

C.G. Drews I just started reading this too and I'm so excited! I don't actually know much about Sparta but Attia is super badass and awesome. 😍

Ashley Cait (Paper Fury) wrote: "I just started reading this too and I'm so excited! I don't actually know much about Sparta but Attia is super badass and awesome. 😍"

I think it's a really interesting (and sad) story! It's definitely satisfying though, the whole concept of revenge and slaves overthrowing the evil assholes.