Valerity (Val)'s Reviews > The Bayou Strangler: Louisiana’s Most Gruesome Serial Killer

The Bayou Strangler by Fred Rosen

liked it
bookshelves: americana, biography-memoir, netgalley, non-fiction, to-review, true-crime

Here's the strange but true story of a white Louisiana serial killer that was roaming free for ten years killing mostly young attractive gay black men, more than twenty of them. And most of us will never have heard of him before. His name is Ronald Dominique. And we still wouldn't know about him if not for two super dedicated cops that went above and beyond to work to catch him.

While at roughly the same period in time, Derrick Todd Lee, an African American man was killing white women in the same state and he was on the news. There seemed to be no problem getting a task force up to go after him. Most of us knew about him and his victims. The sex and gender of the victims should not make such a big difference in when and whether these killers are caught. Or in whether the public should know about the crimes going on. People should be warned for their own safety when these guys are actively killing, so they can at least take some precautions. I was given an ARC by NetGalley and the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bayou Strangler.

June 24, 2017 – Started Reading