Alyssa's Reviews > Breathe

Breathe by Abbi Glines

Aug 31, 2011

bookshelves: realistic-fiction, tear-jerking, literary-crush

This review can also be found at lythebookworm-ish.blogspot.com

Breathe. I admit, I was a bit skeptical during the first few pages mostly because I think the main characters fell in love immediately. But because the love story was so emotional and their feelings were compelling, I, too, fell in love immediately...with this book.

Sadie White, the MC, is a responsible daughter. Her single parent's pregnant and she's the only one who has a job, which means she's expected to pay all their bills. She went to replace her mother as a maid on one of the wealthiest family in the area, the Stone's. Enter Jax Stone, the hot and talented rocker whom Sadie swore she would never lay her eyes on---she has a lot more important things to do than be interested with someone out of reach, or so she thought.

(view spoiler)

To sum up, the book is engaging and the love story is downright stirring. I would definitely recommend this to those who love a sweet and an emotional YA love story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathe.

August 31, 2011 – Shelved
September 2, 2011 – Started Reading
September 2, 2011 –
51.0% "the lines are getting cheesier as the story goes on, but cute nonetheless! xD"
September 3, 2011 –
100.0% "This-- *sniffs* is one of the-- *sniffs* most touching-- *sniffs* love stories-- *sniffs* I have ever read! Jax makes me feel all gooey inside.. ♥"
September 3, 2011 – Shelved as: realistic-fiction
September 3, 2011 – Finished Reading
September 26, 2011 – Shelved as: tear-jerking
September 27, 2011 – Shelved as: literary-crush

message 1: by Dorothy (new) - added it

Dorothy Davidson I haven't started this series yet. I read the first three books in the "Rosemary Beach Series, and I had enough of the sex. THE STORY WAS INTERESTING, but it seemed to be running out of where to go. I lost interest. So I thought it was time to try a new story line. I will give Sea Breeze a try. From some of the reviews I have read, this could be a pleasant change. Hopefully there will be a little less explicit sex.

message 2: by Dorothy (new) - added it

Dorothy Davidson Now that I have finished the book, I can say, I enjoyed it. I couldn't be happier that Sadie got her man. She had too much responsibility for a teenager. It was good to know she had many friends to support her. This was an interesting story, with a happy ending. I give it 4.5 stars