Robbie Cheadle's Reviews > Who's That in the Cat Pajamas?

Who's That in the Cat Pajamas? by Sojourner McConnell

When a little girl is feeling sad and upset due to changing circumstances that are beyond her control, who better to come to her aid than a fairy. Dolcey’s mother is a helper of children in need and she has trained Dolcey well, right down to the cute cat pajamas that Dolcey wears to gain access to Emily’s home and become a part of her family without raising eyebrows. Emily’s family are planning to move to a town far away and Emily is fearful of losing her Nana, Aunt Fee and school friends. Can Dolcey help Emily to overcome her fears and see the benefits to a new environment?

I read Who’s that in the Cat Pajamas with my son, Michael, aged 11 years old. I wasn’t sure if Michael would listen to a book that had a fairy as its central character, but he did. Dolcey’s portrayal in the book brings her across more as a kind and helpful friend than a girly fairy and so Michael was happy to listen to the story. Michael is a very considerate and helpful boy and the idea of someone reaching out to help another person really appealed to him and he enjoyed the story.

The illustrations are lovely and appropriate and I would recommend this book for children aged 6 to 12 years old.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who's That in the Cat Pajamas?.

Finished Reading
June 4, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
June 4, 2017 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
June 24, 2017 – Shelved