iamjenai's Reviews > Blood For Love

Blood For Love by Chris M. Finkelstein

Aug 31, 2011

Blood for Love tells the story of mother and son, Martha and Jan living in a planet where love is considered as a dangerous virus. Once a person is found to be carrying this virus in his/her system (in short loving someone), the person will be automatically executed by DeathBT or Death by Torture.

Love is only allowed for mother and child during the first five years. When the child reaches the age of five, the mother and child should separate and must go through love-deprogramming rehabilitation for four weeks. Love deprogramming means torture
for both mother and child, this way love will be forgotten and will then be replaced by hate.

I liked the book, the story was interesting. However, it was not easy to read especially the part where the government is torturing the "love-lovers". After reading chapter 2, I had to stop and put the book down. I wasn't ready for this. It took me days to pick up the book again and when I did, I was surprised with myself that I was able to read the whole book (with some skimming due to cruelty and violence).

This is such a thought-provoking story. The plot is so original and so interesting, even the characters held my attention. Overall, it wasn't an easy book to read because of the violence and cruelty. However, I believe this is a great book I would like to recommend to those readers looking for a unique experience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood For Love.