Wendy Cartmell's Reviews > A Dark So Deadly

A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride

Callum uncovers links between his ancient corpse and three missing young men. O Division’s Major Investigation Teams already have more cases than they can cope with, so, against everyone’s better judgement, the Misfit Mob are just going to have to manage this one on their own.

No one expects them to succeed, but right now they’re the only thing standing between the killer’s victims and a slow, lingering death. The question is, can they prove everyone wrong before he strikes again?

I have absolutely loved Mr MacBride’s previous work, so I was keen to read this novel and see if a change of characters would be as impressive. And boy were they! The author has a dark, deadly sense of humour and it shines through in just about every page. But the other thing that shines through is the humanity in his characters. Yes, they are all oddballs in some way or another (and that includes the cast of secondary characters) but the situations they find themselves are always real and gritty. The plot twists and turns and is as intriguing as the characters. I can’t recommend his work highly enough. Go and read a book of his. Now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dark So Deadly.

Finished Reading