Janet Rundquist's Reviews > The Thunder Beneath Us

The Thunder Beneath Us by Nicole Blades

Jun 26, 2017

Best, the protagonist, has a lot going on in this book. What I wanted was more details. I got a little muddled on how much time was passing between stressful events and I really needed to know what, exactly, was going on at Best's office. Though some of it all gets worked out in the end, there were gaps that had me a little lost, and some of the pivotal moments needed....more. The strengths of this novel, though, lie primarily in the relationships. They were messy and real, but also solid. The way Blades represented the characters around Best helped me navigate which ones would last (ie, didn't have to worry about them, which was important, because I was super stressed-out for Best about mid-way through this story) and which ones wouldn't (except for Nik, I wasn't sure what to expect from him). Though Blades did some nice work laying some clues that would lead me to believe all would work out in the end for Best, I wasn't necessarily sure - and relieved that indeed, it all did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thunder Beneath Us.

June 23, 2017 – Started Reading