Tvaleros (SpadesHighReads)'s Reviews > Halflings

Halflings by Heather Burch

Aug 30, 2011

bookshelves: 2012-dac, 2012-debut-novels, angels, e-books, favorites, for-review, read-ya
Read 2 times. Last read January 1, 2012.

3.5 - 4 STARS
It's not often I come across an angel book that I really enjoy, but HALFLINGS by Heather Burch has made the cut to being one of my favorites! I enjoyed the story-line greatly because there was always something going on. Plenty of action and SO much drama! There is also a love triangle and although those can be tiresome and played-out, Heather did well in putting in her own twist that got me pining for both guys. It will have you pulling your hair out, spazzing on whom to team up with. Raven and Mace are definitely swoon worthy and can give any girl a hard time in making a choice. As for their brother Vine, he is just the cutest thing to mellow the two out and balance all the madness. I was glued to the pages! The characters are extremely well thought of and can easily get you attached; Oh my gosh! I tear jerked so much on more than one occasion.
The only set back that bothered me is that at some points it would bounce from one story to the next, which gave pause and I had to recall what was going on to get back on track. I also wanted the story to go further into detail who Vessler is and get a grasp as to know if he's really a dangerous person, or a pond to someone who is more maniacal. Also, the significance of Dr. Richmond was a little flat. The role of Seer for Nikki was a bit lacking and unclear. She barely used her powers in the story and it doesn't explain how she acquired it, or how it makes her a huge importance for the enemy to want her so badly. I just wished there was a little more back play added. The ending killed me. I really didn't like it. It left you empty and upset because it was in a way cheezy and anti-climatic. Although I hate cliffhangers at times, I was really hoping for one here. One that would have me standing on the edge craving for more. With all my negatives the positives still outweigh the dislikes.
I am looking forward to meeting back up with Nikki, Mace, Raven, and Vine in Guardian (Halflings #2). Halflings by Heather Burch is a great addition to the Angel genre! I enjoyed this 2012 Debut and I think you will too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halflings.