Cole's Reviews > Eldest

Eldest by Christopher Paolini

Aug 30, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, adventure, political, action, drama, teens, military
Read in December, 2011

A great sequel to an awesome series! You don't leave me disappointed Christopher Paolini! The story just keeps geting better and better and I think that is this series best qaulity, the story.
Two things though I felt wanting. One, the relationship with Eragon and Arya is too subplotted and I won't to know what she is thinking. I know nothing of Arya herself, besides her history. And two, I won't more touching moments with Saphira!
To step this up though, I will have to see more perpectives. I like how the author put in Roran's but honestly I got bored with him. He is kind of two dementional.
His writing is slowly getting better as well.
Plus Eragon has really grown up, I hate when the characters don't change but he sure does a lot.
Lastly, I love how the autor puts moral dilemmas into his books.
Thus this book deserves another 7/10!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eldest.

Quotes Cole Liked

Christopher Paolini
“Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now.”

Christopher Paolini
“Life is both pain and pleasure. If this is the price you must pay for the hours you enjoy, is it too much?”

Christopher Paolini
“Wise? No, I simply learned to think.”

Christopher Paolini
“Those whom we most love are often the most alien to us.”
Christopher Paolini, Eldest

Stephanie Fischer Four stars for sure!

Cole Yes!

Stephanie Fischer Wow, you JUST answered this? ;)

Cole Ya, sorry just saw it...

message 5: by Stephanie (last edited Dec 12, 2011 01:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stephanie Fischer Hehe, it's okay :)

Emily I thought the same about Rorans parts! I kinda wanted to skip it, but I felt guilty and I didnt want to miss anything. But I did do a lot of skimming during his parts of the story I admit.
And I do feel like Eragons relationship with Arya was seriously lacking...

Cole True... true.

Stephanie Fischer Keona wrote: "I thought the same about Rorans parts! I kinda wanted to skip it, but I felt guilty and I didnt want to miss anything. But I did do a lot of skimming during his parts of the story I admit.
And I d..."

YES. There is barely any relationship with Arya and Eragon to support this idea of an "epic romance"... It makes me so mad. I LIKE Arya!

Emily It kinda just seems like he likes her cuz shes there... and that its like the token romance of the book... I really like Arya too! I think shes bad ass.

message 10: by Cole (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cole Ya, but we virtually know nothing about her besides her history. I mean she is mysterious. What does she think about this or that? What do her reactions mean and how do they relate to her emotions. This is what I want to know!