Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers's Reviews > Steal

Steal by Rachel Van Dyken

20126898

Steal is the third and final book in the Seaside Pictures series by the very talented Rachel Van Dyken. Each book can be read as standalone. The only other one I have read was Keep and I loved it. At the end you get the tease of this book so I was excited for this story. Second chance romance is one of my favorites! This is Will (Agent to well...everyone), and Angelica's (Lincoln's sister) story...

Will hates her. Angelica tolerates him. She has to if she wants this comeback role. The role to play herself in a movie about Will's boy band days. She knew it wouldn't be easy to be around him during filming. It was part of the deal as her agent. He was going to also be her babysitter for the next three months. To make sure she doesn't make bad choices but she had no idea it would be this hard. To be around him. Her first kiss. Her first crush. Her first and only love and heartbreak. Her everything. She knew he didn't want this but she had no idea how much he hated her. How much he didn't trust her. Or how much she still wanted him. It was going to be a very long three months.

He hated this. He hated the way he still cared. He hated the way he was acting towards her. But it was his armor. He could not let her in again. His whole life changed the moment they ended. And now she was back. In his home. In his head. If he could just keep her from getting deeper into his heart he would be ok. But when someone was once your everything, it's easier said than done. Especially when he sees glimpses of the girl he fell in love with. The one before the hurt. The one that could light up the room. The one with a laugh to stop you in your tracks.

Will and Angelica's relationship was once easy. They were young, famous, and living the dream. That was until the dream turned them into different people. Fame changes people. And it changed them. Now that they are older and wiser, can they forgive each other for the past and move forward?

I loved Keep but I loved Steal even more! I knew it would be awesome but I had no idea it would be this emotional. Second chances usually add more emotion to the story but I was not expecting this much. The characters are so well developed I felt like they were real. It's raw, heart-wrenching, and it was beautiful. It's not only about a second chance at love but it's also about repairing friendships, and careers. It's about digging deep into those relationships and discovering more about yourself and the choices you made.

Overall...it's a beautiful, emotional, addicting, fun, and sexy read. It seriously gave me all of the feels! Every. Single. One. There is usually one moment when I cry in a book and well, I teared up many times with this one. Angelica is just so raw. I just want to hug her. I wanted to do a lot more with Will 😘

P.S. It was so fun catching up with al, the previous characters. And meeting new ones!

Quotes:

“We used to be great.”
“No.” I swallowed. “We used to be a lie.”

“Should we go on a magic carpet ride?”

“You’re reliving your past through different eyes.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steal.

June 22, 2017 – Started Reading