Shantala (Shanaya Tales)'s Reviews > Cress

Cress by Marissa Meyer

bookshelves: 2017, young-adult, thriller, teens, strong-female-protagonists, sci-fi, romance, paranormal, must-re-read, futuristic-fiction, fiction, female-friendship, favorites, fantasy, 2019
Read 2 times. Last read December 13, 2019 to December 17, 2019.

Cress is the 3rd book in The Lunar Chronicles main quartet, and to be honest, this was the one book I was the most excited to read (well once I started reading the series, I guess). And it was mostly because I was super curious about Cress, this futuristic version of Rapunzel who was locked away in a remote satellite on the evil Lunar queen's command.

And once I read it, I have to say that this book delivered on all my unrealistically high expectations. Which is saying a LOT.

I adored Cress, and was thrilled to see her paired with Thorne. Though I have to admit that they did not seem like a good pairing at first, what with Cress being painfully awkward (thanks to being stranded on a satellite for years) and Thorne being insufferably vain (thanks to.. nothing actually, that's just him).

But then as I saw their story unfold, so organically, there was no denying that these two would be / are perfect (and awfully cute!) together. Which is why I loved reading about their story just as much as I enjoyed catching up on what Cinder & the rest of the gang were up to.

Speaking of which, I have to say that plot wise this book got the most action so far. I mean considering it's the third book of the quartet, I guess, it was kind of expected. Even so, there was just so much happening ALL THE TIME, that this one was downright un-put-down-able!

Cannot wait to read Winter (the series finale) next..

- Shantala @ Shanaya Tales

Blog | Facebook | Bookish Tweeting | My Bookstagram | Bookish Pinning

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cress.

June 22, 2017 – Started Reading