Warda's Reviews > Turtles All the Way Down

Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

Edit: Well, I cannot stop thinking about this book, and it's been a few weeks, so that deserves me upping my rating to 5 stars. It has resonated with me more than I thought it would.

“Your now is not your forever.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Wow. This book was stunning. Hard to read (trigger warnings for OCD and anxiety), but Jesus, did it feel healing at the same time.

John Green wrote the shit out of this book. The way mental health was portrayed through Aza was excruciating, harrowing and educational to read about and it still made me feel that though the stigma might have lessened a bit, the understanding of this subject is narrow.

I felt this book to my core. I was there with Aza when she was spiralling out of control, her mind constantly pulling her in different directions, finding no centre, the constant doubt hurling you further into finding no fixed point, so that you may breathe and focus.

I've so much admiration for Green for writing so openly in this book. It was so raw and bleak and the ugly side of mental health truly came to live, because that's how it is and what it can manifest into.
And though, it may seem difficult to find hope, a way to see the light at the end of the tunnel that seems never-reaching, it is there. It is tangible and can be found.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turtles All the Way Down.

June 22, 2017 – Shelved
June 22, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 23, 2018 – Started Reading
page 29
9.54% "I haven't felt the urge to put this down yet and I woke up with a clear mind and heart, so I'm hoping this means my slump is fading."
page 79
25.99% "“I is the hardest word to define.”"
page 219
72.04% "Jeez, this is painful. 😣"
January 23, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

Warda #AlwayschoseKind wrote: "<3 <3 ^-^ I feel you Warda"

☺️☺️ it's just that type of book, isn't it?!

TeaAndBooks Great review, Warda!

Warda TeaAndBooks wrote: "Great review, Warda!"

Thank you!! 😊

❄️Nani❄️ “I felt this book to my core.” Gosh, What a feeling to have. Glad you loved it! ☺️

Warda ❄️Nani❄️ wrote: "“I felt this book to my core.” Gosh, What a feeling to have. Glad you loved it! ☺️"

Absolutely is! 😍 Thanks, Nani! 😘

Warda Craig wrote: "Great review Warda😀 hmmm the content sounds interesting indeed😊"

Thanks, Craig. 😄 It really is good. 😁

Larissa Is Reading I am currently reading this one! I’m super excited! Only two chapters in so far 😱

Warda Larissa ☾ wrote: "I am currently reading this one! I’m super excited! Only two chapters in so far 😱"

Hope you love it!!!!! 😁

Allison I have this one checked out from the library. Yay!!!

Warda Allison wrote: "I have this one checked out from the library. Yay!!!"

Aaah awesome!! Hope you love it. :D

diannarhys This book was a great read. Not the best one but as someone who has depression and anxiety, I really love Green's portrayal of mental illnesses here. And how you just can't love someone's mental illness away. Loved the ending too. :)

Warda Dianna wrote: "This book was a great read. Not the best one but as someone who has depression and anxiety, I really love Green's portrayal of mental illnesses here. And how you just can't love someone's mental il..."

Exactly. He dealt with it all really well. For me, it is definitely his best work. :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

This was my first John Green book and I loved the whole mental illness aspect!

Warda @ilsa He wrote it sooooo well!! I loved it too! 😄

Through The Lens Of A Wallflower I’m currently reading this book, so I loved hearing your opinion. Excited to see where it goes!

Mária Yeah, I loved it too :) Enjoyed every single page.

Warda Through The Lens Of A Wallflower wrote: "I’m currently reading this book, so I loved hearing your opinion. Excited to see where it goes!"

Hope you love it!!! 😃

Warda Mária wrote: "Yeah, I loved it too :) Enjoyed every single page."

Same! I cannot stop thinking about it! 😍

message 19: by Fran (new)

Fran Great review, Warda!

Swathi Shetty Great review!! I really loved this book too❤

Warda @Fran Thank you!! 😊

Warda @Swathi Thanks so much! It was such a great read. Glad you loved it! 😊

message 23: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna I don't think that this his best book, but it felt so personal, which is why it's my favorite book by him. It just felt so...real.

Warda Anna wrote: "I don't think that this his best book, but it felt so personal, which is why it's my favorite book by him. It just felt so...real."

Very personal, which is what I loved about this book and yes, it is my favourite book by him as well.