Candy Briggs's Reviews > The Importance of Being Scandalous

The Importance of Being Scandalous by Kimberly  Bell

Amelia and her sister are inseparable. She has become engaged. Nick is their neighbor and the three use to be together all the time, until he was sent away.
Kimberly Bell's descriptions are wonderful. They make things come to life, and become more vivid. The characters, Julia with her bad spine, her mother who is very selfish and her father, is all love, become real.. Nick's family, at least his parents, were stiff, authoritarian, seeming not to love their children, while his brother, was loving and gentle. They all combined to make a heck of a story. I could see myself racing along with the girls to either the trees or the meadow. The plot swirled around the characters, descriptions and bought them smoothly together. and concisely. It was masterful, the way they all blended to make an excellent read. I very definitely, recommend this book for older readers. It has very racy moments. I was given this book at Net Galley for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Importance of Being Scandalous.

Started Reading