Bec's Reviews > New Moon

New Moon by Lisa Kessler

bookshelves: book-magic-reviews, book-magic-2017-top-picks, june-2017-recommendations, netgalley

Isabelle Wood is determined to get answers about what happened to her father, even if she has to hurt Sebastian Severino to get what she wants. Except when she discovers that Sebastian is her mate, she can't believe fate could be so cruel. However, when she discovers there's more to him than what she knows, she'll do whatever it takes to help him reunite his niece with his sister when she's kidnapped. Will they succeed in their mission, or will fate be even more cruel in denying them their shot at happy ever after?

What an amazing introduction I received to Ms. Kessler's sensational writing style after reading this book where I was engrossed right from the beginning to the very end. Seriously, I could not put this book down for even a second. The way this story started introduced me brilliantly to the hero, how powerful he is in the shifter community and how feared he is by other shifters. However, it was from the moment where the hero and heroine came face-to-face for the first time in this story where things really became intriguing, as the heroine isn't afraid to confront Sebastian and do whatever it takes to make him give her the answers she wants. What happens after she discovers the truth of how important they are to each other? Will Isabelle give Sebastian a chance?

The dialogue was compelling, well-written and intense due to this being an enemy to lovers trope encompassing story and the difficult challenges they face on their journey to happy ever after. Will the hero and heroine ever be able to fully put their trust in each other? How far is Sebastian's dad willing to go to make certain that the hero doesn't achieve his goal of rescuing someone important to him? Moreover, the hero charmed me from start to finish. He's a total loner and it's hard for him to trust anyone when what he does makes it hard to get close with a woman, especially when his father could use his affection for a woman to his advantage if he ever needed something over Sebastian in order to keep him in line. Yet, I liked how Isabelle continued to prove she could protect herself and could be an asset to whatever plans he had.

While the heroine, she really impressed me with her feistiness; her strength and bravery; and the way she challenges the hero, especially when he just expects her to fall in line with his demands. It's hard for Isabelle to accept that Sebastian is her mate, but there's no denying their bond. Can she prove to him that he can trust her? Yet, what I liked most about the heroine is that she didn't give up on Sebastian, even when things she learns about her parents deaths are hard to accept.

Overall, Ms. Kessler has penned a fantastic paranormal romance in this book where the chemistry and romance between the main characters was explosive; and which is a story that ended this series exceptionally well, most especially due to the way this story ended that illustrates how acceptance is important and how redemption is possible with a good mate at one's side willing to face whatever is thrown at them. However, what I liked most about the ending was the surprise Isabelle had for Sebastian and then the surprise he had for her. I would recommend New Moon by Lisa Kessler, if you enjoy paranormal romance, the enemy to lovers trope or books by authors Keri Arthur, McKenzie Hunter, Patricia Briggs or Rachel Vincent.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.

Started Reading
June 22, 2017 – Shelved
June 22, 2017 – Shelved as: book-magic-reviews
June 22, 2017 – Shelved as: book-magic-2017-top-picks
June 22, 2017 – Shelved as: june-2017-recommendations
June 22, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley
June 22, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Kessler Thanks for reviewing New Moon!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book... Hope you'll check out the rest of the Moon Series too... :)

Lisa