Erika's Reviews > Alanna: The First Adventure

Aug 30, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2014, audiobook, fantasy, fiction, junior-fiction
Read in April, 2014

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alanna.

04/22/2014 marked as: read

Maria Elmvang Read or reread? If read, I can't wait to hear what you think of them - they're some of my all-time favourite books, and I keep returning to them for comfort reading :)

Erika Kiwiria wrote: "Read or reread? If read, I can't wait to hear what you think of them - they're some of my all-time favourite books, and I keep returning to them for comfort reading :)"

I haven't read anything by her yet! I just found Terrier and Bloodhound (Beka Cooper series) and bought them so I will probably read those first, although I'm not sure, I might read this first instead. I can't decide!

I actually somehow remembered that she was your favourite. That's one reason I finally have them on my list to read :D

Maria Elmvang Alanna is my favourite quartet, closely followed by Beka Cooper and Protector of the Small.
I think I'd recommend you to read Alanna first, as it was written first, but since Beka Cooper is sort of a 'prequel' (100'ish years earlier), I don't think it would be a problem to read that one first. Guess I just like Alanna best, so I always want people to start there ;-)

Erika Kiwiria wrote: "Alanna is my favourite quartet, closely followed by Beka Cooper and Protector of the Small.

Oh, okay! I am going to see if I can find the Alanna series before my curiosity gets the better of me.

Maria Elmvang Alanna, Immortals, Protector of the Small, Trickster and Beka Cooper are all in the Tortall universe, and - apart from Beka Cooper - should probably be read in that order.

Circle of Magic, Circle Opens and Circle Reforged are the series in her other universe (Tusaine? I forget) and should definitely be read in that order.

I prefer the Tortall series in general, but they're all worth reading :-) I think Tamora Pierce might just be the author I read (and reread) the most often.

Maria Elmvang .... Sorry, I tend to get ever so slightly carried away :-P

Erika Kiwiria wrote: ".... Sorry, I tend to get ever so slightly carried away :-P"

LOL. That's okay. That was actually VERY helpful. It's so hard to figure out what order to read series when they are all set in the same universe. Now I know :)

Maria Elmvang Always happy to help :-)