Jane Shambler's Reviews > The End We Start From

The End We Start From by Megan  Hunter

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley

I am at a serious loss how to review this book. The blurb on the back of this book told me it was an interesting read. Then I read a review that gave the opposite of what I expected. So me being me I just had to read it. I wouldn't say I was disappointed, I wouldn't say it was what I expected. The book left me feeling empty and with a what the hell have I just read feeling.

I will admit it is quite well written. The book is about a young women giving birth for the first time while London is being swallowed by water. Then you get the journey of mother and child escaping the flood waters going from refugee camp to refugee camp. Finally arriving back home and being reunited with the husband/father. Sounds good right?

The book basically describes the babies first year in the world and how he relates to the world ending on his ability to take his first steps. The story left me feeling disjointed and now I've finished I am still waiting for something. I just don't know what.

*ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The End We Start From.

June 21, 2017 – Shelved
June 21, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
June 23, 2017 – Started Reading
June 24, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley
June 24, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) "I think finishing this book was an achievement but I am also pleased I did finish it. Again I can't explain why. Have a go I did. Enjoy!"

Congrats! It doesn't sound like an easy read. Great review J!