Ahmed Ejaz's Reviews > The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

bookshelves: 2017, full-lengths
Recommended to Ahmed by: Abdullah Khalid

“I don’t want to die now!” he yelled. “I’ve still got a headache! I don’t want to go to heaven with a headache, I’d be all cross and wouldn’t enjoy it!
I found my love for Sci-Fi comedy when I read The Martian. And this was a good addition to my read shelf in that accord. I loved the moments I spent with this book. Unlike The Martian, this book would also work well for non-Sci-Fi readers. Because there is soo much humour you can't repress your laugh and enjoy this book.

OVERVIEW
Earth is scheduled to demolition for the construction of hyperspace bypass by Vogons, a galactic race. Arthur Dent is saved by his friend, Ford Prefect, who is actually an alien. Ford hitches the lift on Vogons' Spaceship. When Vogons find them in their ship, they throw them in the open space. We can live in space without breathing for 30 seconds. But they are saved in 29 seconds by Heart of Gold, an incredibly fast spaceship which can cover every corner of the universe in fraction of a second. This spaceship is stolen by Zaphod, the president of galaxy. With Heart of Gold, they find a legendary planet named Magrathea. This planet is known to manufacture planets.

RANDOM THOUGHTS
=> I liked every character. Everyone was humorous. Arthur and Ford were my favourites. I also liked Zaphod.

(view spoiler)

Author makes us think on the subject of our creation and everything by creating humor. I loved this way author. He didn't tend to answer anything. That was very wise.
You know I was even laughing at the moment when the Earth was being demolished. Can you believe it?!

I will read its sequel. That would also be as good as this one. 😊

Buddy Read
It was my first buddy read. Hearty thanks to Abdullah Khalid for recommending this book to me and inviting me to the buddy read.

MY LAUGHING MOMENTS
“But can we trust him?” he said.
“Myself I’d trust him to the end of the Earth,” said Ford.
“Oh yes,” said Arthur, “and how far’s that?”
“About twelve minutes away,” said Ford, “come on, I need a drink."

Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very fast. People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what’s so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there, and what’s so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there. They often wish that people would just once and for all work out where the hell they wanted to be.

"I only know as much about myself as my mind can work out under its current conditions. And its current conditions are not good"
--Zaphod

June 20, 2017

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

June 9, 2017 – Started Reading
June 20, 2017 – Shelved
June 20, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017
June 20, 2017 – Shelved as: full-lengths
June 20, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Clarin Great review! :D

Ahmed  Ejaz Clarin wrote: "Great review! :D"

Thanks.

Abdullah Khalid hahaha, Great review my friend !

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Saif I had the film on DVD years ago and tried to watch it but it always got stuck.

Ahmed  Ejaz Abdullah wrote: "hahaha, Great review my friend !"

Thanks, yaar! ^_^

message 6: by Ahmed (last edited Jun 21, 2017 12:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ahmed  Ejaz Sara wrote: "I had the film on DVD years ago and tried to watch it but it always got stuck."

Oh, it's bad.
Reading was a great experience for me. Watching must also be. Maybe I will watch it someday latter.

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara Saif Ahmed wrote: "Sara wrote: "I had the film on DVD years ago and tried to watch it but it always got stuck."
Oh, it's bad.

That's not what I meant. I meant that the DVD always buffered and got stuck and didn't play right.

message 8: by Ahmed (last edited Jun 21, 2017 03:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ahmed  Ejaz Sara wrote: "Ahmed wrote: "Sara wrote: "I had the film on DVD years ago and tried to watch it but it always got stuck."
Oh, it's bad.
Reading was a great experience for me. Watching must also be. Maybe I will ..."

I see. Some DVDs have buffering problem, I know. I used to watch movies on DVDs. But not now. I download them. Now you can always watch it online or download it.