Victoria Minks's Reviews > The Colorado Kidnapping

The Colorado Kidnapping by Paul Hutchens

bookshelves: books-for-young-boys

I grew up on Sugar Creek gang-- devoured these books and went on all the adventures with the boys. And yes, I'm a girl. ;) So when I saw some copies of Sugar Creek gang the other day I just had to read them again just for fun.

And wow, the nostalgic feelings I got while reading them! I love them still as much as I did before. Solid Bible teaching, realistic boys trying to grow into real men, a narration as if Bill, the main character, is talking to you... and great plots. They're old fashioned, they're quirky, and they're Christian-- and I love that about them.

This one "The Colorado Kidnapping" was one of my favorites (although to be honest I probably say that about a dozen of them). The gang goes to Colorado for a music festival and along the way uncovers a mystery, meets real cowboys, gets in scrapes and learns life lessons. I LOVE Circus (He's my favorite...then Poetry and Bill) and this one has some great moments for Circus in terms of reaching out to people. And Poetry... that kid makes me laugh. ;) This one also has Little Jim's parents in it and they're awfully sweet (their whole family is) so it's nice to see them.

I know they're written for boys, but I recommend for girls too. :) (I did read a lot of "boy books" growing up but still... it never hurts for a young girl to give them a try...she might like them too!)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Colorado Kidnapping.

June 17, 2017 – Started Reading