Dana Micheli's Reviews > The Curse of the Blood Moon

The Curse of the Blood Moon by Lisa Corbin

Jun 19, 2017

There is nothing quite like reading a children’s book as an adult – it not only allows us an escape from our daily lives, but a trip back to our own youth, with all its innocence, optimism and curiosity. That’s how I felt while reading The Curse of the Blood Moon.

The story took me on a fanciful and suspenseful journey that toggled from modern-day, small town America to a mysterious, mystical village deep in a haunted forest. With its twists and turns and rich descriptions, I felt like I was right there with the heroes, wondering whether it was day or night and what was real and what was not.

The showstopper here was definitely the cast of characters. Everyone, from ten-year-old Basil Tribble and the old seaman Cappy, to the centuries-old evil witch and her band of ghouls, was fascinating and lovable. If I had to choose a favorite, it might be the ever-loyal and all-knowing hound, Blackbeard, who searched for his missing friend with all the gusto he would a juicy T-bone.
I was so glad to see that Corbin plans to write another adventure with the Tribbles – and I am sure everyone who reads The Curse of the Blood moon will agree.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curse of the Blood Moon.

Finished Reading