alice (arctic books)'s Reviews > Little Monsters

Little Monsters by Kara Thomas

You can read this review and others on my blog, arctic books.

I don’t read many thrillers, but I’m always excited to pick one up. I had heard so many raving reviews for LITTLE MONSTERS, such as those from Alex @ Fiery Reads and my IRL friend who loved Thomas’s first novel, THE DARKEST CORNERS. LITTLE MONSTERS is one of the most game-changing novels I’ve read this year, filled with twists and turns I didn’t expect.

LITTLE MONSTERS follows Kacey as she tries to figure out what happened to her friend Bailey after she goes missing. The investigation into Bailey’s disappearance was incredibly interesting and compelling, and I loved the inclusion of Bailey’s journal entries and how those entries followed her thoughts and her later actions.

One of the little things that stuck out to me was that Kacey’s step-family was not vilified. Kacey’s step-family had some rocky instances, but I found that Kacey’s positive relationship with her siblings was something that I usually never see in young adult fiction.

I don’t want to spoil anything, but my mind is still reeling from the ending of the novel. I’m incredibly impressed by Thomas’s creativity, and I love the red herrings that Thomas gave the readers in trying to solve Bailey’s disappearance. Overall, if you love twisty, dark psychological thrillers, I definitely suggest this one! I’m looking forward to reading THE DARKEST CORNERS and Thomas’s next works.

Thank you to Delacorte Press & New Leaf Literary for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Monsters.

June 19, 2017 – Shelved