Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ 's Reviews > Peril at End House

Peril at End House by Agatha Christie

liked it
bookshelves: mystery-murder-crime-suspense

Some books don't stand up to rereading. This is one of them.

The characters are mostly a bit ridiculous (including Poirot's faithful sidekick, Hastings) & too many of them are very shady.

There are too many coincidences.

The crimes are too unlikely.

Lastly not (view spoiler)

Poor show Christie - dashed poor show!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peril at End House.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Kiri Fiona (new)

Kiri Fiona I feel a little anxiety every time I re-read an old goodie - what if it doesn't live up to my memory? Sorry this one disappointed you, Carol!

message 2: by Ana O (new)

Ana O Some books don't stand up to rereading. Sadly that's correct.

message 3: by Dolors (new)

Dolors Well, you just listed the reasons why I refrain from re-reading some old favorites quite effectively, Carol...

message 4: by mark (new)

mark monday Did you find the real villain of the piece to be interesting, surprising, or unusual? I did on all counts and this is one of the few that I committed to re-reading at some point. Other than that though, I don't actually remember much about it!

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ mark wrote: "Did you find the real villain of the piece to be interesting, surprising, or unusual? I did on all counts and this is one of the few that I committed to re-reading at some point. Other than that th..."

On my first read? yes I did the first time I read this. I should have given this some review space, but that is why this book is 3★ not 2★. :)

message 6: by mark (new)

mark monday Ah, so that wasn't so striking the second time around. Alas, doesn't bode well for my eventual re-read! I think I may have to go with Endless Night or Death Comes As the End instead. Elephants Can Remember was also on the list (along with Peril), but some comments from another Goodreads friend struck that one.

or maybe I will just have to read one of the few I've never read, like The Hollows or Sleeping Murder.

and now I'm just rambling, forgive me!

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ mark wrote: "Ah, so that wasn't so striking the second time around. Alas, doesn't bode well for my eventual re-read! I think I may have to go with Endless Night or Death Comes As the End instead. Elephants Can ..."

It's more that I was on holiday without internet so just took quick notes.

I really recommend going with Endless Night. mark. One of the best of her later books. :)