Naughty Mom Story Time's Reviews > Jag

Jag by Stevie J. Cole

Stevie J Cole practically reached into my chest and ripped out my heart with this book. I so did not expect everything I got from the Jag and his story. There is a clear warning about heavy drug use for potential readers, and that wasn't a problem for me. It's become common place to issue a warning nowadays...but this book was so intense. Though drug use might be a turn off to some readers, it was such a detrimental aspect to Jag's life.

In order to appreciate the light at the end of the tunnel, you have to know how dark it gets. Stevie J. Cole did exactly that. She so easily put me in his shoes with every word she wrote. She so eloquently conveyed all of his pain and made his struggle with drug addition so real. My heart already wept for him early on in this story and the deeper I got, the more my heart broke. The adrenaline spikes from his highs, the pain I felt from his lows...it nearly broke me.

Poor Jag. The fame, the money the women...it was all an easy means for the escape he needed and some of the people around him enabled his addiction. His bandmates felt as he did, 'it's the rock star life'. They all reveled in it and enjoyed every second of it. But when Jag meets the one girl who doesn't drop to her knees like the rest, gives him attitude and doesn't fangirl all over him, he's hooked. Sure for guys like him it's the chase and she made him chase.

She didn't want anything to do with him nor his drug habit. But being around her brought out the Jagger that was lost when he first started. The normal, goof that he was before he had to conform to what he was expected to be when fame took hold of his life. Together in their isolated bubble, they were normal and life was normal and he could pretend it was all normal until the cravings took hold.

Oh my god. I haven't felt that much pain in so long.

FAVORITE QUOTES:
I was too weak for fame, but she didn't care. She broke me, and I tried to let drugs mend me.

I had no idea how to handle fame, so, unfortunately, fame handled me.

I had a person to handle every damn aspect of my life, except there was no one to handle me.

This girl was unfazed by the filter fame provided me, and she saw the real Jag. She saw that I was lost, miserable, and completely alone. She saw me as just a guy; to her, I was no different than the other guys standing around the bar asking for drinks and her number.

I lived in what would be a dream world for most people, and when you live in a fantasy, all you really want is reality. This girl was reality.

I fucking wanted this woman. I had never wanted a person the way I wanted her. It was stronger than any urge I'd ever felt for a high.

"We're both chasing something that'll kill us in the end, Jag. You're chasing after an unending high. And I'm-well, I guess as much as I fucking hate to admit it, I'm chasing after you."

Grab all three in the series for the price of one!
Pandemic Sorrow Box Set

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jag.

June 18, 2017 – Started Reading
June 18, 2017 – Shelved
June 19, 2017 –
22.0% "I don't think I've ever met a character so lost. Poor Jag. He's just spiraling down the rabbit hole. My heart just breaks for him."
June 19, 2017 – Finished Reading