Carvanz's Reviews > Ruining Miss Wrotham

Ruining Miss Wrotham by Emily Larkin
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
20266662
First let me say this, read this book! If you ever enjoyed a historical romance this is the book that you absolutely must read immediately. If you’ve ever considered reading a historical romance, this is the book that you should begin with.

description

I was awarded this book on Netgalley after its publication date. Due to that fact and obstacles in my life, I placed this one lower on my ARC list and ignorantly allowed it to sit there. I am an idiot! This was one of the most entertaining, enlightening, heartfelt and romantic books I have read in forever!

I’m not really sure what I was expecting going into this but what I received was a book that will stay with me always. The characters are so real and, in my opinion, true to the time period. Their speech and actions were written in a manner that I didn’t get bogged down but hurried to consume more of it. I could not get enough. I felt like I was gorging myself on this story and yet still so very hungry for more.

description

I’m not going to get into what happens, and not because there is a huge twist or a deep secret, but because the simple act of reading the words and learning more and more as each page was turned was so very enthralling to me. (Did you see that? Enthralling? Yeah, I’ll try to tone it down some.)

I will say that Mordecai is the perfect historical hero and he’s got the alpha thing down ladies. Nell is a strong heroine that is so very sweet and yet she isn’t going to irritate you with stupid decisions. This couple is just…perfect. I absolutely loved how every night Mordecai would…oh wait, I said I wasn’t going to tell you anything.

description

You’ll have to read it to find out what this incredible hero does. Here’s a warning, he’s going to steal your hearts!

Now picture this, me giddy, twirling, dancing and skipping because not only did I just finish this book, but there are more out there that I haven’t read yet!

description

As previously stated, this was an ARC and this is absolutely my honest opinion.
13 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruining Miss Wrotham.
Sign In »

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Mindy Lou's Book Review If you say read it,I'm reading it!


Carvanz Mindy Lou's Book Reviews wrote: "If you say read it,I'm reading it!"

I hope you like it Mindy! It was perfect for me.


message 3: by Shari Kay (new) - added it

Shari Kay Great review...got me interested enough to break my read-in-order OCD!


Carvanz Shari Kay wrote: "Great review...got me interested enough to break my read-in-order OCD!"

Lol! If you join her reader group you receive the first novel free as well as a set of novellas that answer the questions as to how the Baletongue fairy came to grant the wishes.


message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Fabulous review and now I've just got to read it ❤️


Carvanz Deborah wrote: "Fabulous review and now I've just got to read it ❤️"

Ooh, I hope you do Deborah! And then I hope you love it as much as I do! ♥♥♥


message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Carvanz wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Fabulous review and now I've just got to read it ❤️"

Ooh, I hope you do Deborah! And then I hope you love it as much as I do! ♥♥♥"


Me too honey 🤞🏻


Renégade ♥ *LOL!*

Your GIFs are fab and that last one cracked me up - love it!

Okay, I'm totally adding this one to the pile because it sounds fantastic so I gotta check 'er out!

Awesome review, hon :D


Carvanz Renégade ♥ wrote: "*LOL!*

Your GIFs are fab and that last one cracked me up - love it!

Okay, I'm totally adding this one to the pile because it sounds fantastic so I gotta check 'er out!

Awesome review, hon :D"


Thanks Rene! And as the queen of gifs, the fact that one I used made you laugh is high praise indeed!


Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Fab review! :D


Carvanz Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Fab review! :D"

Thank you Eve!


back to top