Rachel Meyer's Reviews > The Wish Granter

The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine

Jul 06, 2017

bookshelves: fairy-tales, fantasy, ya-novels

** spoiler alert ** The Wish Granter was an exciting, page-turning fantasy book. It's based off of the fairytale "Rumplestiltskin", but was so cleverly hidden until over halfway through you don't recognize it. All thought, it takes place after the original story.

I thought it was a beautiful story. Ari and Sebastian were great characters. Both had their flaws and their lovable parts. Ari was amazing because she loved food, was extremely smart, and curvy. A plus-sized princess? Yes, please. We need more like her. Sebastian, though, was almost better. His PTSD, if that's what it was, was wonderfully done. I just loved his character.

The plot was fast paced, but also had it's down moments. Teague was evil and yet had his own soft spots. I really liked the world and the politics as well. It was a bit terrifying at times, but still very good.

I really liked this whole book. I give it 4 1/2 stars. Everything was amazing, especially the characters. I totally recommend this book for anyone who loves fairytales.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wish Granter.

June 18, 2017 – Started Reading