Eve's Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 1: Bonds of Hate

The Invisible Chains - Part 1 by Andrew Ashling

Aug 29, 2011

bookshelves: sibling-incest

There are some seriously twisted characters populating this series, but that's what makes it so fun to read!

This is one of those books with a few different storylines that run parallel, and as always happens for me with these kinds of narratives, I find one narrative more gripping than the others and had to fight the urge to skip through and read just those interactions. For this series, what got me was the relationship of the brothers and although I could see that the bigger story of the war was important to the story, and though the other characters were well written, I was always waiting impatiently for another confrontation between the brothers. This is actually a compliment to the plotting, as the relationship of Anaxantis and Ehandar paces the bigger story and holds the reader's interest throughout.

When I finished the three books I thought there might be room for another one, and I see from the author blog here that he's planning another trilogy to follow...I'm definitely interested in seeing what happens next to these characters.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 1.

Emma Sea I'll will bump this up my to-read list.

message 2: by Ery (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ery Def. move it up. A little lengthy, but good. I still have to read #3, but that requires rereading the first two :)

message 3: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve Definitely lengthy - the first one is almost 6000 kindle locations, and the next two are over 7000 each. And the problem, at least for me, was that once I started, it was hard to stop until all three were finished. These would make a good vacation read, or if you're super fast, maybe a good weekend read.

Emma Sea It might have to wait then, I'm trying to finish some stuff off that's due 30 March. So I could diary to read this one on that weekend and give myself a reward for finishing.