Daniel Audet's Reviews > Iron House

Iron House by John Hart

My first book by John Hart, "Iron House" makes me feel like I wish I had read his other books too. And I will.
Iron House is the most amazing blend of literary eloquence in writing and graphic narration/description I've ever read. The reviews say "riveting" and other terms reserved for the bestsellers of our day, and believe me, they're all true.
I honestly didn't know what to expect as I picked up this novel but the reviews spoke well of it and I liked the title. I'm glad I did.
Third person POV, complex love/hate characters, including our hero who fits no mold I can think of, intrigue, classic thriller plotting and killer pacing make this an awesome read for both writers and seasoned readers alike. Hart's transitions are the stuff of legends. Somehow he makes it possible for the reader to be everywhere, all the time, with the characters and story as it unfolds. For writers it's a virtual clinic in POV shifts and story arcing. Not to mention the clearly advanced style Hart has already attained after this his fourth novel release. Amazing. (I say this not knowing much of his background...)
Readers are in for an e-ticket ride and nothing short of a burning page turner. I usually have a book figured out by now, the who-did-it thing-and-what-happens-next, and all that, but not so with this book.
VERY CLEVERLY WRITTEN
Like I said, I'm a little better than halfway through the book and I'll wait till I'm done and complete this review with an overall picture of the story and my final thoughts.
If you find yourself looking over this review at a point where you're looking for a good book, well, look no further.
Iron House is your next read.
*More soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron House.

August 29, 2011 – Started Reading
August 29, 2011 – Shelved
September 6, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

Barbara Sissel I love John Hart's books and have just started Iron House. I'm saving reading this review till I'm finished.

Daniel Audet Hi, Greaat, but don't worry, I never put spoilers in my reviews I just give an opinion of the story and how it is written.

Barbara Sissel A BIG yes to everything you said. You'll love his other novels too.

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee Pawlish I almost bought the book today, I'm going to have to go get it lol.

Daniel Audet Renee wrote: "I almost bought the book today, I'm going to have to go get it lol."

I was impressed by john's writing skill, on a few levels. As a writer he's very cerebral like Steve berry yet his narration and dialogue still speak to the dynamic of this genre. The layers of storyline, i.e.: subplot, are woven into one story which stays on the surface as a fast moving current. Good read.

message 6: by Renee (new)

Renee Pawlish Daniel wrote: "Renee wrote: "I almost bought the book today, I'm going to have to go get it lol."

I read his first book, thought it was decent. Sounds like he's gotten even better!

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) Okay, I'm going to have to advance this on my TBR some. Looks like a diamond in the rough... or at least the edge of the fairway.

Daniel Audet I think Hugh, you'll like this book.It has a compelling theme and really good pacing. Maybe it's just me but I read a LOT of books in this genre and I was impressed. I hope you are too.

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) Thank you. I'm certainly open to it! (the Book)

message 10: by Annie (new)

Annie Flanders thank you for such a great review daniel. hope all is well. annie [deadturkeytweet - in case you've forgotten :::::smile::::: ]

Daniel Audet Annie wrote: "thank you for such a great review daniel. hope all is well. annie [deadturkeytweet - in case you've forgotten :::::smile::::: ]"
Hi Annie, no I didn't forget you. I think, if you're a thriller fan, that you'll enjoy this book. Hart is well on his way to being a major player in the thriller genre. D

Angie Sands Daniel, I am new and stumbled onto your name. I noticed that you have not read John Hart before. I have read every one of his books and I love everyone. I just wanted to let you know that your review was great and I will definatly read this one. Please pick up the rest of his novels. You will not be disappointed. ~Angie~

Daniel Audet Angie wrote: "Daniel, I am new and stumbled onto your name. I noticed that you have not read John Hart before. I have read every one of his books and I love everyone. I just wanted to let you know that your revi..."

Hi Angie. I will.

Daniel Audet Daniel wrote: "Angie wrote: "Daniel, I am new and stumbled onto your name. I noticed that you have not read John Hart before. I have read every one of his books and I love everyone. I just wanted to let you know ..."

Thanks for the comment!