Rafika Zenasni's Reviews > Graffiti Moon

4211989
Aug 29, 2011

bookshelves: sweet-pure-touched-my-heart, he-said-she-said, excellent-writing
Read in August, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graffiti Moon.

Quotes Rafika Liked

“Remember
Love doesn't make the world go round
Sex makes it spin for a second or two
If you're lucky
So do chips, sausage rolls and girls in short skirts
Remember
Love
Lays its fingers on your heart
And holds it
Under water
Remember that
When the next girl smiles”

Cath Crowley
“For a while, for as long as you're looking at it, that painting is the world and you get to be in it.”

Cath Crowley
“Every time he looked at me I felt like I'd touched my tongue to the tip of a battery. In art class I'd watch him lean back and listen and I was nothing but zing and tingle. After a while, the tingle turned to electricity, and when he asked me out my whole body amped to a level where technically I should have been dead. I had nothing in common with a sheddy like him, but a girl doesn't think straight when she's that close to electrocution.”

Cath Crowley
“I liked that he had hair that was growing without a plan. A grin that came out of nowhere and left the same way.”

Cath Crowley
“Mum says when wanting collides with getting, that's the moment of truth. I want to collide. I want to run right into Shadow and let the force spill our thoughts so we can pick each other up and pass each other back like piles of shiny stones.”

Cath Crowley
“Open skies painted above painted doorways and painted birds skimming across bricks trying to fly away. Little bird, what are you thinking? You come from a can.”

Cath Crowley
“...the definition of crazy is doing something close to the same thing twice and expecting a different end.”

Cath Crowley
“Kept dreaming of this spot she had on her neck, this tiny country. I wanted to visit, to paint a picture of what I found there, a wall with a road map of her skin.”

Cath Crowley
“There was no skin on my voice and she heard the bones in my words.”

Cath Crowley
“Everything is what it is. I just wish it were something else.”

Cath Crowley
“You were right. Real is better. The truth is better. It makes you feel kind of stupid, but it's better.”

Cath Crowley
“You don't have to love someone to have sex with them.'
'I know that,' I say, trying to act like I'm not embarrassed for thinking love and sex are the same thing. I know they're not but I want them to be close enough to at least brush each other as they pass.”

Cath Crowley
“If you treat glass right, it doesn't crack. If you know the properties, you can make things; the color of dusk and night and love. But you can't control people like that and I really, really wish you could. I want the world to be glass.”

Cath Crowley
“When wanting collides with getting, that's the moment of truth. I want to collide.”

Cath Crowley
“It's harder to make someone laugh than it is to make them cry.”

Cath Crowley
“I like that about art, that what you see is sometimes more about who you are than what’s on the wall. I look at this painting and think about how everyone has some secret inside, something sleeping like that yellow bird.”