Claire Robinson's Reviews > Drakon's Plunder

Drakon's Plunder by N.J. Walters

bookshelves: entangled, shit-hot-series

4.5 - "Never doubt your value." Stars!

We return to the Blood of the Drakon series, with the third book; Drakon’s Plunder finally giving us Ezra Easton’s story.

I am abso-blooming-loving, this series. N. J Walters has really hit the mother-lode with the guys/drakons that these books are telling the stories of, and just like his brothers before him, I absolutely adored Ezra. Nothing gets my girly parts zinging more than an Alpha growly male, going all possessive over the woman destined to be his mate, and Ezra was all that and a bar of chocolate.

She was his. He’d found her in the ocean, plucked her from the sea. By the laws of maritime salvage, that meant she belonged to him now…

Once again the author managed to give the reader a really great love story between Ezra and Sam, another strong willed, sassy woman, not afraid to speak her mind, and do what she believes is the right thing. All the while their mutual enemy the Knights of the Dragon are still looking for clues as to whether there are further Drakon in existence and for ancient spells and curses to help them capture and use the Drakon for their blood.

It was rare for both sides of his nature-man and beast to be at peace. Sam gave him that.”

As with the last book I felt this part of the bigger story hardly moved along in the scheme of things, in fact there hasn’t been a huge amount of development around Karina Azarov, Herman Temple, and the whole Knights plot since the author set it all up in book one to be honest, a few bad guys may have died along the way, but nothing else of real note(yet). But after reading this one I have a feeling I know why, not that I can say as that would be a huge spoiler!

He’d bring ruin to the world before he’d let anyone take her from him…

That-said I still absolutely adored this book, there is involvement from the previous characters as well, so that keeps everything cohesive and current, and some of the banter between Ezra and his brothers bought a few giggles to the fore.

"I haven’t known you very long, but it feels like I’ve known you forever."

This isn’t a series you can just dip into, you definitely need to read it from the beginning, I also love that the author/publisher are keeping the break between releases small, it means that I am not spending the first few chapters of each book trying to recall everything that has happened previously. On that point I really hope that we don’t have to wait for the next book, Nicodemus Wilde, has been the most un-involved of the brothers up to this point in the story, so I cannot wait to get to know him better.

"You’re never leaving me. Not while I have blood in my body."

ARC generously provided via Netgalley, in exchange for the above honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drakon's Plunder.

June 17, 2017 – Shelved