Miriam Smith's Reviews > Moorland Forensics - Bound by Polaris

Moorland Forensics - Bound by Polaris by Julie D. Jones

bookshelves: a-macauley

I was pleasantly surprised at just how good "Moorland Forensics - Bound by Polaris" was, and how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
Muriel Jennings, elderly mother and owner of the very successful Jennings Clay Co., has been murdered. She is survived by her children and business partners Stella and Mark Jennings. Can Moorland Forensic Consultants help solve this mysterious and baffling crime. Can a book "The Sinner's Daughter" based on a Dartmoor serial killer from 15 years ago hold all the answers???
This was a really intriguing murder mystery book that kept me guessing till the end and I loved the little interesting paragraphs in between chapters eerily relating to the storyline regarding the serial murders. It turns out there is actually two storylines running alongside each other throughout the story which tie together at the end seamlessly and really keeps your interest going until the conclusion.
James, Fiona and Katie Sinclair are the very intelligent and knowledgeable siblings who own and run Moorland Forensics and are delightfully likeable and engaging characters. The way the author Julie D. Jones incorporated bits of each of their previous private life was very interesting and clever. I can easily see future books delving more into their pasts.
There's a lot of forensic knowledge covered in the plot and the author must have carried out a huge amount of research to able to describe all the technical equipment and processes involved in forensic science.
"Moorland Forensics" really is a smashing crime novel that I'd highly recommend and I truly hope to read more about the intriguing cases the Sinclair siblings are given to assist solving.
5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moorland Forensics - Bound by Polaris.

June 16, 2017 – Shelved
June 27, 2017 – Started Reading
June 29, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

message 1: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Terrific review Miriam, sounds great.

Miriam Smith Thanks Maureen x

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Wonderful review Miriam! I added this. Sounds very intriguing!

Miriam Smith Thanks Mary Beth x

message 5: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise You had me at "forensics" and I'm going to have to try to locate a copy of this one!

Miriam Smith Great Denise, hope you enjoy x

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Fantastic review hon =]. I'm glad you loved it ❤️

Miriam Smith Thanks Melissa 😊

message 9: by Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ (last edited Jun 30, 2017 07:46AM) (new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin You're welcome =] x

Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!! Wonderful review, Miriam! Sounds good! :-)

Miriam Smith Thank you Norma 😀

message 12: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Great review, Miriam!

Miriam Smith Thank you Meredith x

message 14: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Miriam!! :)

Miriam Smith Thanks Deanna. X

message 16: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Tomasso Great review Miriam. You've got me interested so I've added it to my "sometime in the future when I've reduced my TBR" list! Thanks for the tip. xx

Miriam Smith Thanks Elaine x