Brydie Wright's Reviews > If You Were Me and Lived In... Australia: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World

If You Were Me and Lived In... Australia by Carole P. Roman

Which of Carole Roman's books to choose? She is so prolific and well-respected.
When I saw that Roman had written an educational series for youngsters, on different cultures from around the world, I was immediately drawn to the one about Australia. Through marriage, I'm international, so to find a book that I could give to my little English relatives about where their cousin comes from, was priceless.
Now, for the real test. Was the book any good and was it an accurate source of information about a foreign culture? I'm delighted to say that is was. Roman has researched Australia beautifully and targeted just the right sort of information to share with the pre-school and early primary/elementary school audience, as an educational, entertainment tool.
The Aussie ('Ozzie') references were representative of how we live down under and the gorgeous illustrations by Kelsea Wierenga, captured the colours of this antipodean nation.
Thanks for including Australia in your wonderful, wide-reaching series, Carole! I can see this book as a great resource for teaching in schools.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Were Me and Lived In... Australia.

June 16, 2017 – Shelved
June 17, 2017 – Started Reading
June 17, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham Love these books!

Brydie Wright I would love to read them all!